Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Swirling Introspection


It happens every year at this time. I lie in bed and reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. Blame it on the long nights near the winter solstice and the meager UV rays. My mind turns with possibilities like a van Gogh starry night.

My post yesterday about #reverb10, a site which encourages one to reflect back and look ahead, stirred the star dust. It seems to me the first 15 excellent questions carry several themes:

Eliminating: What distracts you and causes you to become somewhat disjointed and frazzled? How can you eliminate them?

Enjoying: What can you do to cultivate life's riches? What is it that makes you feel alive?

Assessing: What are your strengths and passions and how can they be nurtured in your pursuits?

Creating: How can you channel more of your creative energies, experience the wonder, and avoid the tedium?

Focusing:What can you do to direct or channel your interests into something productive and meaningful?

Many readers know that I have directed quite a few energies into this blog over the last three years. It is a reflection of my interests, skills, and perspectives. It gives me great enjoyment and enrichment on most days. But I am open to some refinement in this pursuit. I also realize that life is multi layered; a balance is needed to accommodate those different dynamics. One idea I am playing with is Less is more....

How do the themes above resonate for you?