Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Select Author Series: Albert Camus


Albert Camus (1913-1960) was a French journalist, author, and existentialist philosopher. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1957 "for his important literary production, which with clear-sighted earnestness illuminates the problems of the human conscience in our times."

The following 13 quotes provide a window to his enlightening perspectives:

-Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

-You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

-In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.

-Live to the point of tears.

-Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.

-Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

-Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth.

-Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.

Selected by quoteflections.

-Always there comes an hour when one is weary of one's work and devotion to duty, and all one craves for is a loved face, the warmth and wonder of a loving heart.

-The need to be right - the sign of a vulgar mind.

-Let’s not beat around the bush; I love life — that’s my real weakness. I love it so much that I am incapable of imagining what is not life.

-The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.

- Do not wait for the last judgement. It takes place every day.

Labels: best top quotes, quotations, reflections, instructional, inspirational, life lessons, insights, self help, great author series

(Sharing, recommending this post, this blog is appreciated.)